I do believe this one, while unfinished, is...finished. This is about the search for finding what home really means. I think that search is always unfinished in some way and so, the nature of the drawing suits the concept behind it.
This next one is done with crayon. I simply love layering crayon and getting the bright effect that only crayon can give. In this sketch I was working through the idea of recovery and meeting death. What does healing look like? Can you see the true face of Death? I like this sketch a lot and need to decide how I will move forward. I like the mix of child like medium and serious subject.
Pandora's Box has always been an interesting concept to me. Once you release something into the world, you can't take it back. Art is similar...once you let it out into the world it changes and what happens with it isn't up to you. That is why in some ways showing what I do on this blog is nerve wrecking. What are we releasing when we explore our own curiosity? I love the simple linework in this drawing and have debated whether I need color. Either way I don't think this is fully complete just yet. But I am gonna share it anyway ;)
The last incomplete piece I will share is a silly doodle. Sometimes I think it is just fun to let my mind go wherever and see what happens. I wasn't thinking about composition or good linework I was just playing with ideas. This is totally not my style, but it is so good to expand the idea of what is or isn't "mine". This is fun, but not sure if it has a home in my real work.




No comments:
Post a Comment