I wanted to share some older work that I am considering reimagining. I did these pieces years ago and they are very dear to me...almost like friends or family. They are oil washes on wood and stand 6 foot by 2 foot. The idea for these came after a dream I had where I was rescuing children from a sewer and these "children" were behind large metal doors wearing masks. They also have reminded me of real people in my life. I think I have really grown as an artist and could recreate these to be more alligned with my new vision and technique. The idea of dreamwork and story is still what drives my artistic endeavors so these mark the moment I knew that was where my work was going...even though I put that work on hold for a while after these were made.



No comments:
Post a Comment