Right now I am spending time with ink washes and colored pencil drawing...but I have been looking back at older printmaking pieces and think I need to figure out how to get back to doing some of that work. This is an old piece that was inspired by childhood monsters, a reoccuring theme in my work. The story of Red Riding Hood and the wolf, that is in all of us, inspired this etching. I would have to figure out where I can locally get access to a printmaking studio to make work in this vein again.
There was a time not long ago when I thought pastels would be my new "after having children" medium. I do love how fluid the work can be with pastels and the ability to layer the color. This was a piece about human connection with nature. I also wonder about those "tree spirits" I have heard stories about. I drew the tree and cut it out, made the "spirits" and cut them out, then weaved them together. It isnt't affixed yet, but I do like the yellow background.


No comments:
Post a Comment